Margaret (Peggy) B. Zapalac, Associate Vice President for University Risk and Compliance, is the Compliance Officer for Texas A&M University.
In accordance with the institutional responsibilities defined in System Policy 16.01- System Ethics and Compliance Program, Texas A&M University has appointed a Compliance Officer. The responsibilities of the Compliance Officer are to:
- Guide the implementation of the compliance program at Texas A&M University;
- Appoint a Compliance Committee;
- Develop and implement the University’s compliance plan;
- Provide periodic reports to the System Ethics and Compliance Officer (SECO) regarding compliance activities and processes;
- Report suspected significant compliance violations, and
- Perform compliance reviews.