The Texas A&M University Code of Conduct is the Aggie Code of Honor.
As members of the Aggie Community - whether as students, faculty or staff - we aspire to excellence in all that we do. One of the simplest and most straightforward ways to attain excellence is to judge our actions against the Aggie Code of Honor. With this as our standard, we pursue excellence in Texas and around the world.
What is the Aggie Code of Honor?
The Aggie Code of Honor affirms values that apply to students, faculty and staff alike. This simple statement exemplifies two of our core values—excellence and integrity—and underscores our commitment to ethical conduct and compliance with laws and official policies. These core values forge a strong base to embrace our other core values of leadership, loyalty, respect and selfless service.
The Aggie Code of Honor embodies our Core Values.
Excellence - Set the bar.
- Excellence stems from a great sense of pride in who we are and what we believe in. - Former Texas A&M President Dr. Robert Gates
- There's an optimism, a faith in the future and an attitude that propels Aggies to take on the impossible - look at Red/White/Blue-Out. - Texas A&M Leadership
- We could do just about anything if we tried hard enough. - Former Student
Integrity - Character is destiny.
- The Aggie Code of Honor which Aggies recite by heart: 'Aggies do not lie, cheat or steal nor tolerate those that do' shows what goes to the heart of being an Aggie. - Texas A&M Leadership
- Integrity was the core value that A&M gave me more of than any other. It helped me succeed in my career because my fellow professionals, clients and friends knew that they could rely on me and my word. - Former Student
Leadership - Follow me.
- If you don't want to be a leader of character, don't come here. - Former Corps Commandant LTG John Van Alstyne
- The spirit of leadership is instilled in every student - whether they go on to lead in the boardroom or in the backyard - they have the values, the confidence and the experience to lead change in their world. - Texas A&M Leadership
Loyalty - Acceptance forever.
- Through unity, strength. - Texas A&M University Corps of Cadets Motto
- I'm proud to be a part of a family that will always be there for me that's 48,000 members strong...and that's not counting all those that came before or will come after. - Texas A&M Student
- Loyalty and respect for tradition is about a sense of belonging to something greater than yourself. You're a part of a history of traditions...of a larger community. - Former Executive Vice President and Provost Dr. David Prior
Respect - We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we.
- A&M students aren't just joining a university, they're joining a lifelong family that understands the value of loyalty, camaraderie, and unconditional support. - Texas A&M Leadership
- A&M students embody a refreshing spirit: born of the values of friendliness, caring, support, confidence and a can-do attitude. - Former Student
Selfless Service - How can I be of service?
- If I had to tell you about Aggie values in one sentence I would simply ask the question: How can I be of service? - Current Texas A&M Student
- A&M encourages volunteerism, encourages being one of a thousand points of light, helping others... and it comes naturally to Aggies. - Former U.S. President George Bush